USD Aeon 60 Nick Lomax Pro 2021 is the limited edition version of the modern classic of aggressive street skating. The unibody concept defines this unique design, creating the lowest, lightest skate possible with unparalleled energy transfer in every stride. One step back, two steps forward. With a single-piece construction, the weight is drastically reduced whilst the strength of the boot is immensely increased, you’ll never snap a frame again!
The rebirth of the hard boot:
- – Unibody construction with lightweight one-piece shell, soleplate, and frame.
- – 60mm flat frame: counter-sunk wheel cut outs for lowest profile possible, internal reinforcements for increased rigidity, side sliders, 256mm wheelbase (size 41 EU), 78mm groove width (size 41 EU), metal spacers.
- – Aeon soleplate: perfectly shaped groove, reduced friction due to offset soul sliders, same width plates for controlled cess slides, optimized plate-frame angle.
- – 2-way rocker able V-Cuff
- – Aeon Shock Absorber
- – USD Aeon wheels: 61mm, 90A SHR, flat profile.
- – WCD Abec 7 bearings: 7 Freespin chrome steel balls, 2RZ rubber coating, synthetic oil.
When USD decides to design a new skate, you can be sure it will be a game-changer.
Once the decision to create a new aggressive inline skate had been made, we had to be sure that it would stand out from the crowd. We decided to break the rules that have been abided by for the past 14 years, and think outside the box – why does a skate need so much hardware? Is UFS really the best solution?
For USD, the Aeon would be about performance, the keyword in the creative project. We designed an affordable, high-performance skate that combines the boot and soleplate (unibody), minimizing hardware and moving you closer to the ground, enabling perfect control while at the same time maximizing the possibilities of larger wheel use with all the benefits of this new, low center of gravity.
You heard right. This skate is not UFS Compatible. Are we crazy? Consider this: UFS was invented as a standard mounting system many years ago and is optimized for a maximum wheel size of 60mm. But since its creation, larger wheels such as 72mm have become popular again, a wheel size that reminds us of the popularity of OG blading roots, allowing better roll while enabling great control and space to grind.
We are proud to announce that with our new unibody design our boot is actually lower with 61mm wheels than many other skates that use 58 or 55mm wheels.
Remember when USD made the first-ever carbon skate for aggressive skaters? We took a risk and revolutionized the skate industry, and now we’re doing it again. The USD Aeon has been designed from scratch to be affordable while being perfect right out of the box. If you’re worried about not being able to change the frames, complete unibody shells including soleplate and frames will, of course, be available straight away.
The USD Aeon skate is, therefore, a one-piece, lightweight, and comfortable skate with the lowest profile ever made, allowing for a whole new level of advanced performance for street skaters worldwide.